Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Friday, July 27, 2012

Project Friday

I think I am a creative person.  I LOVE to knit, sew, embroider, cross stitch and generally craft meaningful gifts for my kids, family and friends.  I enjoy it and it gives me a chance to really think about the person I am creating for and give that person a little piece of myself.  I always have many projects in the works, so I thought that once a week I would write about something I am working on.  Lily gave me the idea when, instead of swinging on the swing set on playing in the sandbox, she picked up my knitting needles and started to "knit"  Crafting is not always easy with young kids around and my attention span is shorter then some of my projects.  I hope this will show the kids that I did create things and how much of a big part of my life it is, it is my down time and it fills me with joy and love.



Lily says "I helpen Mommy"

This week Lily and I are knitting a sweater for Johnny, a dinosaur sweater! The pattern is called Steggie and comes from a free knitting website called Knitty.  I have wanted to make this sweater for a while, but the spikes seemed hard, but in the end nothing is ever are hard as you think it will be and I am loving this pattern! 

Pattern & image © 2009 Julia Farwell-Clay.

I am using a wool blend yarn in green and will get to the red spikes on the sleeves and hood! If this pattern is as easy all the way though I might make one for Lily in pink and purple! She loves to roar just as much as her big brother.  Maybe she will want to help me with hers as well.



No comments: