Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

GIGANTIC

Hello all...so our little baby boy isn't so little, really he never was. At 6 weeks old he is now eating 6 ozs of formula every 4 hours. He is growing out of his 0-3 month cloths before he even gets a chance to wear them. I had him measured and weighted today. He is 12 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches long. Again for those keeping track the little piggy gained more then 3 pounds this month. He is healthy and thriving, just a big boy. The doctor told me he is between the 75% and 90% percentiles. I couldn't find anything more specific. But as long as he is growing steadily, he will just be a moose, a healthy happy moose.

He is growing and changing so quickly, it takes my breath away. I feel like he should be a lump forever. Just this little pink bundle that looks at me and snuggles with me, but no...he is already rolling over!!!! We can make him smile and coo by ticking his chin or feet. He is so cute when you tickle his feet, he pulls away and smiles and tries to fight you.

With the move back to Kansas coming up and our two week trip across the country, we are trying to get Johnny used to sleeping on his own and getting him on a regular schedule. It is so wonderful to hold him while he sleeps and so hard to lay him down and listen to him crying. But I know it is for the best, yet I can only handle it so long. I put him in the sling and sit in the rocking chair. It is so wonderful to connect with him.

We have officially switched the baby monkey to organic formula (the Walmart brand is $14, only $3 more then the regular formula) To keep him clean of pesticides, artificial growth hormones, and the antibiotics that are given to the animals and plants used in the making of the formula. We plan on doing organic for him as long as we can afford it. His little system is so sensitive to this artificial things, we want to give him every opportunity to be as healthy and happy as possible. The organic rice cereal is cheaper then the name brand and the jars of organic baby food are $.05 -$.10 more. I am even looking into making our own...yeah Magic Bullet.

Daddy officially has a house in Kansas full of our stuff. So many boxes that he can barely get around. But he is slowly working on unpacking and I am very excited about decorating and getting settled. I am already looking for play groups and what fore. We are going to enjoy this, no matter how far in the boone docks we live :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Doesn't matter how far away you are, with the computer you're always still connected to us! I bet you all are going to love Kansas though, have fun with all the packing! *I SO do not miss that!* lol