Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Zantac

If you have been reading my blog for a while you may have noticed a pattern in Johnny, he throws up, pretty often. Every time he has done it we have been able to credit it to something else, like a flu or dairy, but in the last week he has thrown up twice without any warning and has been perfectly fine right after, no fever no nausea, just vomit. At first I wasn't concerned, kids throw up, but when I started searching the internet I freaked myself out. The most common reason kids randomly vomit in the middle of the night is brain tumor! YIKES!!! The doctor's office shared my concern and we rushed to an appointment. Thankfully becuase he has been vomiting since he was about 9 months old and not always in the middle of the night the doctor ruled out brain tumor (along with a physical exam that turned up nothing else strange and the lack of migraines.) Instead we settled on a reason that makes a lot of sense to me, reflux. With Lily's issues and my mom's it makes sense Johnny would have it too, it doesn't have to start at birth. What is most likely happening is the reflux is hitting his pyloric valve causing him to vomit. So now Johnny is on Zantac, just like Lily and Grams. Hopefully this will keep him from vomiting randomly and keep any reflux he may have from getting worse. In 2 months we will go back and discuss if it is working.

No comments: