Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Friday, September 9, 2011

1st Day of Pre-School

So it might not be actual preschool, I think it is technically nursery school, but all Johnny knows is that he is going to school, like Sid the Science Kid and he is a big boy!

Mommy made special shorts and an embroidered shirt to mark this special first day!
Look Out Pre-K here he comes!

Along with his special toddler sized back pack!

That Mommy made even more special with his name and triceratops!


Even Lily was excited for Johnny to go to school, she got a special supportive little sister, first day of school outfit.

On the drive to school, Johnny had to check to ensure his giant pencils and crayons where right where they should be.

We even took some brownies to thank his new teachers in advance for all their hard work this school year.


Walking down the hallway. I don't know if you can tell, but when Johnny gets anxious or is thinking really hard about something, he plays with his ears, he was anxious but ready for this day.

Once we got into the classroom and hung up his back pack he was ready for his sister and Mommy to be on their way. I asked him to give Lily a good bye hug and he picked her up from behind and swung her around.

Before I even thought of leaving he was wrist deep into learning!

And though I know he loves me, he did not really need me their any more :(

I cried as I walked away. I remember very clearly being hugely pregnant with Johnny when I would pick up or drop off Ella to this same school. It is so strange to be back with Johnny who is now the same age that Ella was when he was born!

Lily and I went to Grams and Pops house, since they live less then 10 minutes from the school and we live more then 20. These two days a week that Johnny will be in school is a perfect chance for Lily to get some time with Sammi and Grams and Papa.

It wasn't long before it was time to get Johnny from school, and boy was he excited to see me!

That smile really makes me feel wonderful! I might actually be doing this parenting thing right for once.

I left Lily with Grams and Pops and took Johnny to a special first day of school lunch, just him and me to McDonalds.


We sat and talked about school for a while. He sang his ABCs, ring around the rosies and the name song for me. Though he couldn't remember his teachers or new friends names quite yet. We will get there.

After lunch, back to Grams and Pops house where we found a congregation in the bathroom, Sammi went pee pee on the potty! Yeah Sammi!!! But I think she wanted us out

And then some Grand kid crazyness, I think my mom handles it well!


And finally some calm hugs and good byes.

What a day! I am so glad he enjoyed himself, I know we are setting him up to love learning for the rest of his life!

No comments: