Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home and Getting Settled

Jen Here...WOW!!! It has been a very crazy week, as I am sure you are all aware. I can't thank every one enough for the support you have all given us. Just reading the comments and getting the emails from you all shows how much Johnny is really loved. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Having him here and getting him settled, playing with him and reading him books, I feel like I have changed just in the last few days. My heart is filled with joy and mind is filled with figuring out what to do next. I want to do everything perfect for him and give him every chance for everything. I feel a little lost, but Grams and Pops are guiding and letting me make decisions and Natalie and Thomas are laying information at my feet. I am just so grateful to have these people in my life, especially at a time like this. If it were not for the love of my family I would truly be lost and alone, Johnny and me are lucky beyond compare. That goes past Grams and Pops, thank you to everyone who prayed for us and cares for us, that love you all gave to us during those 40 hours obviously helped!!!! We couldn't have done it without you.

So we have spent the last day trying to get settled. We are adjusting and readjusting plans laid before he was born. Moving diapers and bottles and washing cloths. Pops ran to Target today and now was have everything you could imagine a baby would need and then some. Last night was long, but Johnny is not a quite sleeper and I took every sound as a cry, resulting in me staring at him for hours and feeding him way too often. But we are getting used to each other. Pops feed Johnny so I could pump (trying to get my milk to come in ASAP) I am still sore, but only my stitches, aside from that I feel great, like having Johnny in my arms takes away anything that could possibly be wrong. Johnny got his first,First Easter card and his first $10 bill from Great Grandma Joyce. And Mark and Kara sent a beautiful gift basket full of cloths and blankets. The cloths are too big, but what is funny is that Johnny's head is so big that the hats are too small. (He also has freakishly long toes and fingers, I blame Shawn)

Shawn has moved into a tent and is getting more and more excited about coming home. He is sad that he wasn't here, but Thomas and and this blog had Shawn so involved that this life here is really starting to be real. He bought Johnny a stuffed camel! I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is. All of a sudden Shawn is researching IRAs and CDs. He wants me to explain Johnny's movements and his cries and everything. We miss him, but we are less them two months away from being complete!!!

Again I can't find words to thank you all for your support and excitement. Be looking for pictures and updates. This baby is amazing and we want to share him with everyone. A baby cannot love or be loved too much.

No comments: