Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Momma getten ready for a ONE year old







I was headed to bed when I realised it was past midnight and officially Johnny's birthday. Oh my god. But I keep telling myself he is still only 11 months old until 12:44 pm, that is when I will no longer have a baby, but a toddler.

This time last year I was laying in a hospital bed enjoying some nubane induced sleep (for about an hour) expecting the midwife to come in any minute and tell me to start pushing. But I still had 12 hours of staring at the fire alarm above my head and contracting to go before Johnny decided he was ready to meet me.

I wish I could stay in this moment forever. My house is clean, my family is home, healthy and quite and I am a new mother of a baby boy. It is so peaceful. But in 7 hours Johnny will decided it is time to play and it will be a new day and I will have a toddler, running and laughing and playing with all of his might.

ps yes Grandma Sharon those are the cookies you sent us last year, we saved them so Johnny could have them on his birthday!

No comments: