Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
A Sunbeam to Warm you, A Moonbeam to Charm You, A Sheltering Angel, That Nothing May Harm You

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just our Day

Teething has put Johnny on a bad cycle....rough sleep at night means waking up early and needing a morning nap, which means he won't take a second nap in the afternoon, which means he needs to go to bed early which means waking early and the cycle starts again. This morning he sat like this on Daddy for about 15 minutes before he decided to take him to bed.


But when he did wake up he had a great time with his toys!

Johnny recently learned to climb on the couch all alone, with no steps, such a big big boy.

Twice this week I have come into contact with people who make me realise how lucky we are and make my heart cry with what they have had to endure. Right now we are trying to offer as much help as we can to a local family whose father came back from a deployment and they could not have worse luck. They are sweet people who are doing their best for their 4 kids, and can't seem to catch the breaks they are due. Not sure what we really can help with, but we are trying. On one hand that could be us down the road, on the other hand how lucky are we...even with two deployments and multiple moves, Shawn missing Johnny's birth and paper work issues around every corner, we are really lucky to all be so healthy and happy and together. Someone who I haven't seen in a long time, found me via facebook, and asked me if I was really happy, if life finally settled down for me. It took me a while to find the right answer. There will always be something to complain about, life will never be what we think it should be, but yes...life has worked out for me just as it should have. Looking into Johnny's eyes melts me, and being held by Shawn clears away all my stress.

No comments: